News and promises of the challenge 2017 reserved for cars
Five weeks to the date with the FIA World Cup for Cross Country Rally. The Fuoristrada Club 4×4 Pordenone is planning an Italian Baja full of innovations about both the program and the track, including logistics news. Entries by Italian and foreign challengers already started to copiously invade the race secretary, leading the race to a record number of participants for an edition reserved just for cars.
- BAJA WEEK. Fans of Cross Country will enjoy a lot of roaring days in June, from Monday 12th to Sunday 18th . In fact foreign vehicles will already join Pordenone on Monday for the pre-race with the news of the customs clearance directly by the Fair, instead of the check by the Italian borders. This means a logistic facilitation for competitors, but also a longer stay in town of the teams, which represents a benefit for all restaurants and hospitality structures.
- TECHNICAL THURSDAY. June 15th will be completely spent among administrative checks and scrutineering at the Fair pavilions, as usual Head Quarter of the race.
- SPRINT FRIDAY. June 16th the morning will offer the shakedown (test with racing setup vehicles) along the Tagliamento riverbed, in a not yet declared area. At 3pm the Fair will host the Press Conference introducing the main participants, moderator Nicola Villani by Eurosport. At 5:55pm the Super Special at the “Valvadrom”: the 20km “Memorial Azzaretti” which will define the official classification.
- SQUARE PARADE. After the prologue in Valvasone, the race convoy will cross the Pordenone square Piazza XX Settembre, where during a ceremony the first 10 classified drivers will choose the starting order.
- LONG SATURDAY. Track not yet confirmed, considering the incessant rain which day by day modify the bed of the Cosa torrent and the Tagliamento river. Selective Sector “Cantina di Rauscedo” (3 passages) which will start from San Lorenzo di Arzene to end by the Valvadrom, crossing the towns of Spilimbergo, San Giorgio Richinvelda, Arzene-Valvasone, San Martino and San Vito al Tagliamento.
- SHORT SUNDAY. Two the passages in the opposite direction if compared with the Saturday route for the Selective Section “Valvadrom”, from Valvasone to the Rauscedo Jump where the sector will end. Back to Pordenone for the Prize Giving Ceremony in piazza XX Settembre, spread by a maxi screen.
- THE TOURIST PETERHANSEL. No race this time for the Dakar record-man (13 victories, 6 by bike, 7 by car), who assured anyway his presence in Pordenone to assist his wife Andrea Mayer, probably taking part in the race with one of those “Side by Side” vehicles which at the recent Spring Baja demonstrated to be highly competitive.
- ITALIAN REVENGE. The Spring Baja (46 crews at the starting line) confirmed a great interest for the Italian Championship for Cross Country Rally. The World Cup now, longer and harder, will stimulate challengers, also thanks to the possibility of facing international champions, contributing in a great participation of Italian drivers.